Shelf-ready and small batch sizes
The efficient production of shelf-ready cartons with small batch sizes as well as good performance and quality has been crucial for the decision in favour of Schubert. Thanks to this palletizing line, the Australian company Nature Organics solved all the technical challenges in the limited amount of space available.
Now, the company produces environmentally friendly care products and household cleaners for everyone, while a high performance is reached and overall operating costs are reduced.
4 bottles instead of 24 - 12 metres instead of 40
Currently, the retail sector shows an increasing demand for shelf-ready cartons containing smaller quantities. Thanks to its new line from Schubert, Natures Organics is ready and able to respond to this trend.
For the production of shelf-ready-packaging and for stabilisation of the cartons during loading, the Transmodul with exchangeable size plates is operating. The cartons are securely held in place during all process steps.
- Carton erection from the flat-lying blank and placement on the Transmodul.
- Bottles arrive from the filling line and are also fed into the first sub-machine (in a single track). A grouping chain separates the bottles and guides them to a grouping table.
- TLM-F2 robot picks up the bottles from the grouping table and places them into the cartons.
- When the filled cartons then pass through the sealing station, hot-glue nozzles apply adhesives onto the lid flaps of the carton.
- A TLM-F2 robot closes the cartons. Another TLM-F2 robot also presses on the side of the lid. This robot picks up the cartons, turns them 90° and places them on the collecting belt of the palletizer.
- The palletizer groups seven or eight cartons, depending on the program.
- The finished pallet leaves the line and is transferred to the stretch-wrapper.
Size changes are handled quickly, and when size parts need to be exchanged, the line starts up again immediately, at full output, without the need for any re-adjustments after the change.
FACTS & FIGURES
The cartoniszing and palletising line for shampoo currently handles the following sizes and output levels:
- Two 400 ml and one 500 ml plastic bottle with an oval basic shape
- Cartonizing of four bottles at a time (single row)
- Palletizing of five carton layers
- 55 cartons/minute for all sizes
- 8 pallets per hour