Only the best for our cat.
The Herbert Ospelt company wanted to pack its wide range of pet foods in a diverse range of sizes which would match the shelf space of international retailers.
The new packing line from Schubert Packaging Systems overcomes this challenge.
It offers high performance and efficient processes from the configuration used for selecting the correct mix of product through to assembling and filling the shelf and transport cartons.
Packing with the right mix
The required number of varieties of pet food and bag mixtures expands along with the increase in range of brands.
For that reason, the Herbert Ospelt Anstalt company, based in Liechtenstein, bought a highly flexible packaging line designed and implemented by Schubert Packaging Systems.
This was a demanding project; we had many suppliers, a short time frame to complete the installation and needed to accommodate many brand varieties, mixtures and carton formats.
The pouches are:
- delivered pre-sorted in boxes
- discharged from the boxes and fed into the pick-and-place robots
- set upright and placed on the grouping table in the required mix
- placed in the carton, which had been a flat blank and closed with a separate lid
- the cartons are labelled, printed and weighed before being placed in trays, palletised and strech wrapped
There are up to four varieties of different contents ranging between 25% and 75% depending on the assortment in the package. Furthermore the packaging line can manufacture shelf-ready and multipack packaging (ten carton sizes).