Crips and tortillas
Mixed-Bags with different flavours are "in" as are our users.
Australian Smiths Snackfood Company, a division of PepsiCo, has a multipack-packaging line. They meet this requirement with an efficiency of 1,600 per minute.
More than 20 different flavours can be packed in various sizes.
Multipack-Line for snack bags
This new kind of snack bag packaging, in erected folding boxes, reduces the volume by 30% compared to the packaging used previously. A further highlight is the 95% effectiveness of the newly completed multipack line for snack bags.
The packaging process comprises:
- Erect a flat box blank
- Feed identical size bags of various flavours from the hoppers
- Separate the snack bags using the automated bulk sorting equipment
- Place individual bags in the lower section of carton using the TLM-F44 carbon arms
- Close the carton with a separate lid
- Print expiry date on the carton
- Weigh the filled carton
The line produces two box formats with 13 different assortments. Eighty boxes are erected per minute. The infeed systems supply the F44 packaging line with up to 1,600 individual bags per minute.PDF Download